Title I, Part C: Oklahoma Migrant Education Program
The purpose of the Title I, Part C Oklahoma Migrant Education program is to (1) support high-quality and comprehensive educational programs for migratory children to help reduce the educational disruptions and other problems that result from repeated moves;
(2) ensure that migratory children who move among the States are not penalized in any manner by disparities among the States in curriculum, graduation requirements, and State academic content and student academic achievement standards.
(3) ensure that migratory children are provided with appropriate educational services (including supportive services) that address their special needs in a coordinated and efficient manner;
(4) ensure that migratory children receive full and appropriate opportunities to meet the same challenging State academic content and student academic achievement standards that all children are expected to meet;
(5) design programs to help migratory children overcome educational disruption, cultural and language barriers, social isolation, various health-related problems, and other factors that inhibit the ability of such children to do well in school, and to prepare such children to make a successful transition to postsecondary education or employment; and
(6) ensure that migratory children benefit from State and local systemic reforms.
Clinton Public Schools follows all guidelines set forth within Title I to assist all of our economically disadvantaged students achieve success. If you would like more information about our program please call 1.580.323.1800.